Tuesday 9 December 2014

Natural Collection Review

Ok, so as I said in the introduction, I am interested in experimenting with low cost makeup because well a) It's low cost so it doesn't leave you broke b) I am a teen on a budget, who has expensive hobbies (shopping..) c) surprisingly not all cheap brands are bad!


Today I want to talk about Natural Collection. In drug-stores like Boots and Superdrug you will find this brand. Literally all the Natural collection  products are £1.99 which is mind-blowing. I was sort of apprehensive about buying these cheap products but I have experimented with these products:
1) Natural collection colour foundation


2) Natural collection shine away foundation
3) Natural collection pressed powder

4) Natural collection nail varnish




















5) Natural collection eye liners

6) Natural collection mascara

7) Natural collection lip-gloss


As you can see, I have tried many products and I have different opinions on them (When I started experimenting with makeup I went for cheap, know I have learnt that sometimes you need to splash out and get the best!):
1) colour foundation = Not good for oily/combination skin. Doesn't stay on too long without use of a primer, not bad coverage for vaguely flawless skin
OVERALL = 5/10
2) shine away foundation = good for oily skin, not bad coverage but there is WAY better out there, I would recommend using a primer underneath to help keep on for longer, does reduce shine
OVERALL = 6/10
3) pressed powder = only available in 3 colours, cool, neutral and warm. I experimented with warm and neutral for a slight contouring effect. Not bad, adds extra coverage, would use different powder if you have really oily skin (used the powder with the foundations)
OVERALL = 6/10
4) nail varnish = applies well onto nail, chips quite easily, would definitely wear a top coat on top, dries quickly, layers well
OVERALL = 7/10
5) eye liners (pencil) = ummm, they're eyeliners and do the job :)
OVERALL = 10/10
6) mascara = wouldn't recommend, clumps, dries out real quick, ok for bottom lashes but that's it.
OVERALL = 3/10
7) Lipgloss - nice colour and applies nicely. Simple applicator but it does the job nicely!
OVERALL = 8/10

I think Natural collection is ok for starting with makeup, and I've heard their blushes aren't bad. I don't see a major problem with them, just not my favourite brand.

If I doubt, try them out (Rhymes) as they are really cheap!! I think the nail varnishes are pretty good :D

Hope this enlightened some of you out there!!
Toni x :P

No comments:

Post a Comment