Tuesday 16 December 2014

How to wear and a guide to: Blush

Hi guys,
I thought I would make a post explaining how to, and how I wear blusher. For some people like Toni, they don't wear it (Not everyday but I do occasionally!! :D :D -Toni x), but I do and I wanted to create this post.


I would wear this amount of blush as a maximum, and this pinky tone goes well with my skin.

Shades:

I think the first step to wearing it is choosing the right shade. There are so many: peach, coral, pink, red tones, blue tones, cool tones, warm tones and yet more. Taking a trip to Boots or whatever drugstore you shop at can become a nightmare when you're only looking for a blush.

I have very light olive ish skin and I buy a pink colour. Coral colours look lovely on dark skin while peach and pink colours look nice on paler skin. This is only a rule of thumb, and different colours suit different colour eyes and faces.

You don't have to go wildly expensive or anything. I use a LancĂ´me shade at the moment, but that's only because it came in a set. I am a bit of a sucker for high end products, so I'd recommend that if you can splash out, the Benefit blushers are lovely for middle to high end, and if you're looking for something a bit more affordable, go for Rimmel or L'Oreal.

How much:

For a normal day, I wear very little blusher. The only reason I wear it is that a little bit can just brighten your face rather than it being a bit monotoned from just foundation. I don't contour every day either, usually only if I go out in the evening and at weekends, but I make sure to just dip into the blush.

Unless you are a model, you don't need a lot. Pictures won't show it as clearly as real life,where you can see angles, and honestly nobody needs to look like a doll. Obviously however, when you want to dress up more, and especially if you contour, you will require more.

Brushes:





Okay, so you have your shade. Now you need to apply the stuff. I would not recommend using your fingers otherwise you'll have a lot where you first put your finger down and nothing anywhere else. Buy a tapered brush for blusher so you get that effect of blended colour rather than a solid circle, as it will be on top of your foundation.

I use the brushes from EcoTools as they are good quality and also made from recycled materials. Plus they are not too cheap, but not too expensive.

Application:

Okay, onto the how-to juicy part. 

1- Gently (I mean gently- do you want to look like a doll?!) swirl your blusher brush in the blush, making sure that most of the product is concentrated in the middle, not the taper. 

2- Tap off the excess product.

3- Smile. Look in the mirror and flash those pearly whites.

4- While still smiling, swirl the blusher onto the apples of your cheeks (ie a similar motion to how you got the blush onto the brush, and the apples are the bits of rounded cheeks over your cheekbones.)

5- Repeat for the other cheek.

Note- if your blush comes out a bit too pigmented, you can always go over the top with a bit of face powder to soften the colour. 

I hope that this guide helped, and just to let you know that the next one will be on eyeliner!
Amber :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment