Tuesday 9 December 2014

Winter Looks (fashion, makeup) and tips & tricks to embrace the winter!

Hiya Guys!
As it's a cold winter, I felt like sharing my sort of style for winter, which is warm but stylish (I hope!) I'm also including makeup ideas and some tips and tricks for looking and feeling your best!


This first one is a personal favourite as I get really cold and this is super warm. I recently got some thermal leggings which look like normal leggings but are fluffy on the inside and SO warm! The boots have a insulating lining, but if you don't want - you can replace the wedges with flat Uggs or something along those lines! That winter coat is just -OMG- So fluffy, I'm gonna die... You get me?! The belt separates the black leggings and black top - although, it could be a one piece. Personally, I'm not a fan of one piece things with exceptions....Onesies :) Earmuffs are adorable :P
I couldn't live without wearing gloves with that much snow, so if you're like me, I would probably wear black gloves.

This one is quite similar. Simple but effective. Again with the fur on the coat but with the addition of a bobble hat - A great way to hide a bad hair day!!!

For makeup - I think subtle on the lips but some bold eye makeup (My opinion)
Personally, I think this is adorable. But, I come under the 'more lazy' people category, and for me - doing this eye makeup look everyday would be torture. Therefore, I would suggest something like the picture below. Simple, winged eyeliner with a bit of sparkle in the crease/outer eye lid.

In winter, I love more natural lip, unless you're going to a Christmas party - then go BOLD!
I agree that keeping soft, kissable lips in the winter is not the easiest - and if it's easy for you then luckkkkyy!
I would wear a tinted lip gloss, which adds shine and a hint of a pinky colour.
For me, the winter rosy cheeks is perfect. Some people get this naturally - but a little help from makeup can help!
These are all my preferences!! Some tips and tricks for beauty/health in winter:
1) Keep your face moisturised to soothe the winter dry skin. Even if your skin is oily, play around with oil-free moisturisers. Your face needs moisture, and if you don't give it moisture - it will create more oil... *past experience...*
2) Try Vaseline on your lips, before bed - apply a generous amount and wash off in the morning. Also, keep your lips hydrated.
3) Flyway hair seems to get worse as it gets colder. Try deep conditioning your hair and if push comes to shove wear a hat!! Keeps you warm and controls your hair!
4) Keep a hand cream handy (see what I did there...) :D treat your hands!!
5) Moisturise your body  - I really recommend Body Shop body butter as it moisturises amazingly and smells edible. (don't eat it though!)  http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/

Lastly, I want to say Embrace winter, don't let the cold get to you!
It's nearly Christmas!! :)
Hope this gave you some ideas,
Toni x :D

No comments:

Post a Comment