Tuesday 9 December 2014

Autumn/Winter nail varnish

Hey guys,
I thought I would update today with a post on nail varnishes for Autumn (Fall)/ Winter. This can include looks for the festive season, and you can take any colour similar to these.

My first look is a classic. Christmas red, pillarbox red, whatever you call it, is a beautiful colour.



This is the Natural Collection (not a brand I usually use, but fab colour) shade in Red Robin - very Christmassy!

This is so wearable, with pretty much anything. I really like a crimson red, with orange undertones personally, as it compliments my skin, and if I buy it, I like it in a glossy shade. I would probably continue the classic theme, and wear it with a pretty monochromatic black outfit to really make a statement.

My next colour is dark green/black, like in the picture below. I really like this shade for Autumn and Winter, and if it has an iridescent shimmer to it, all the better!! I would wear this with a chunky knitted dress, or something for a party. It speaks buckets for itself!! (In real life, the shade is more forest green rather than sludge green :D)






This is another new one, the Barry M Silk Nail Paint in SKNP8 Forest.

Another colour, another classic!! This is silver. I am obsessed with a matte silver, pictured here. Originally it was a crackle colour, but it was terrible, so I just used it for the silver. What I really like about matte colours is that they are so versatile. Pop a clear top coat over the top, and they become glossy, or leave it as it is.



This is by a brand called La Femme Beauty, and is their Crackle Silver Shade.

I would wear this with pretty much anything. It's compatible with almost ANY outfit, which I love.

My last proper varnish colour is this beautiful party pink colour. It is a No7 shade, and probably my most used in the past. Normally I am a sucker for blues and greens on my hands, however, this is a beautiful shade. I swatched it with one coat, and with two it looks a bit chunkier in the glitter.


This is the Stay Perfect nail varnish in Milan 110.


I would wear this with a nice LBD, and thick tights, or if I was going to a party, with a lot of silver jewellery and rings. I think it is such a nice shade for Autumn and Winter, and especially for Christmas parties.

My absolute final varnish is a little gem from the nail gods at O.P.I. This is a gorgeous glitter shade, and is used over a base coat. This jazzes up any look, and for the purposes of swatching, I painted it over the Natural Collection Red Robin. This shows just one coat, I usually would use 2 for a denser glitter look.




I really hope you enjoyed this post, comment, share and subscribe if you did. I hope you managed to find some inspiration, and that you can create your own festive looks!
Amber :D


No comments:

Post a Comment