Thursday 18 December 2014

Beauty and Christmassy Haul

Hi guys
So today I picked up my final Christmas presents, and also managed to spend rather a bit of money on myself at the same time! So I thought I'd share what I got, and the free gifts that I also managed to get along with it.

I will be posting reviews and more in depth discussions of these products



The first item I bought was the gold Christmas Fun from Lush. They cost £5 and smell like Caramel, and remind me of Yog Nog, the new soap, as well as Honey I Washed The Kids, which is what it is supposed to smell like.

Lush donate proceeds from this product to Japan to help the people affected by the nuclear incidents and recent tsunamis.


Next, I went to Boots. I bought everything else that I got from Boots and I have to talk about this. It is the Sanctuary Spa Deep Cleansing 5 Minute Thermal Detox face mask, and this sachet (15 ml) costs £3. You can by 100ml for £10 which is a rather better deal. 

This is possibly the greatest face mask I have ever used. You rub the thick grey/black stuff all over your face and it heats up to quite warm. It doesn't become uncomfortable, but if you have sensitive skin then I'm not sure how you'd react (mine is quite sensitive but fine with it). 

I will obviously talk about this more, but it's great for cleansing out your pores before the Christmas parties and photos.



Also from Sanctuary Spa I bought the Shimmer Body Butter for £10. It's very heavy and I bought it as a gift. Following from Sanctuary Spa's success with the face mask, I decided to go for it, and obviously I won't be posting a review, but it was in Boots' 3 for 2 offer as well. I don't know what is going on in the corner of this picture, don't ask!


This is also from the Boots 3 for 2 range. I bought the 12 mini tealight box in Vanilla Lime which smells amazing! I am a very smell-sensitive person, and a candle/incense coveter, so I was pleased when I saw this as a part of their offer. However, it has joined the ranks of lovely things that are going to other people as gifts, so alas! no review. This cost £6.50.

-Talking of candles, soon I might be doing a candle post on different types, with examples!- 


Aaahhhh!! Free gifts! Yes, you may have noticed I bought two gifts in the 3 for 2 range of Christmas, so I decided to treat myself to the free gift. I headed on over to the Seventeen stand, and saw these little beauties. 

These are the Seventeen Lip Crayons Collection. Apparently they are limited edition shades (according to the Boots website) although they look like the existing shades Superstar, Playful, Bold and Knockout (in that order). They are a nude shade, a coral shade, a bubblegum pink shade and a darker berry shade, and I can't wait to use and review these. It would ordinarily be £6.

I bought two things from No7. They are one of my favourite brands, although they play it a bit safe and probably aren't even intended for my age range.  However they do some pretty amazing nail varnish and face powder and so I thought I'd try a nail varnish from their fairly new Gel Look Shine range. This is in the festive shade of Peacock Green (it looks more Christmas green in real life) and costs £7.


No7 do some of the best face powder, and I always make sure to have it in my makeup box, even if I use other products for a while. It doesn't offer the greatest coverage (I would recommend the Seventeen  Miracle Matte Pressed Powder for a heavier coverage) but it makes your skin look and feel amazing, as well as making it last all day. So this is the No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder, it was a rebuy and costs £11.50.

Luckily for you at the moment, if you buy 2 No7 products you get a free Shimmer Dust Gift Box. I love it when they do these promotions and it always works on me, because I will make sure to buy 2 products in order to get it, even if I don't need them!
I will obviously talk you through this in more detail in the future (hopefully in the next week) but it contained:



The outside and unwrapping of the box - very Christmassy, although normally there's tissue rather than plastic inside.



This is the Stay Perfect Eyeshadow, the bottom shade from the Cappuccino Trio which would normally cost £9.50 altogether. Swatches will be up with the review.


This is the High Shine lipgloss in the shade Glaze (a sparkly dusty pink), which is a regular feature in the boxes and it's 9 ml, which I think makes it a full size product. It would normally cost £9.


This is the Lash Impact Intense Volume Control mascara, which isn't that old to No7. It has a fibre brush and this is a 4.5ml, so over half the size of the regular 7ml that costs £13.50.

 
Youthful Eye Serum. This is in a 7ml tube rather than 15ml (roughly half the size) and would normally cost, full size £19.50.

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I bought, and reviews should be up soon hopefully!
Amber



No comments:

Post a Comment