Saturday 23 April 2016

New L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Review

Hi guys,
So recently I had the good fortune to receive samples for all three parts of the new L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay collection: the shampoo, conditioner and clay masque. It is designed for oily roots and dry ends, and since I have long hair with roots that do tend to get greasy, I thought I was the ideal person to test this out!



1- Clay Masque
I applied this to my dry hair, and although there wasn't really enough to cover all of my roots, I did the best that I could the smaller sample size. I am aware that I have a lot of very thick hair, so I guess for most people this would be okay, and obviously if you have a whole pot, it's easier to control how much you need. 




This has such a lovely rich, smooth texture to it, so I applied and let it sit for about 7 minutes. I was a little disconcerted as it tinted my hand blue, and I hoped that it wasn't going to do the same ro my hair, which thankfully it didn't! Anyway, I rinsed it out (the guidelines say rinse until you see no more blue soapy water!) and my hair already felt squeaky clean.

2. Shampoo

So next I applied the shampoo. There was plenty of this, and it had a gorgeous scent- a cross between watermelon and grapefruit, which made me happy. It lathered nicely, and again my hair felt so clean, especially after using the masque directly before. 

I had almost been hoping for the whole range to be blue, but this shampoo, as you can see, was clear. 

3. Conditioner

I feel like after such a deep cleanse of my hair, I was hoping for something really nourishing and deeply moisturising. 

I guess that was where I was going to be disappointed. It is, in fact, a problem I have with a lot of the L'Oreal Elvive conditioners: they are just not nourishing enough. I applied it, as instructed, to the lengths, and focusing on the tips of my hair, which is my usual method anyway. When I rinsed out and dried my hair, it had conditioned a bit, but it wasn't as silky or shiny as I would have hoped, especially from something marketed for dry ends.

What I definitely did love about this collection was the shampoo and hair masque, which were great for deep cleaning. My hair went so blonde! So, I would probably purchase those two and combine with a more intense conditioner from a different brand. The other thing, is that usually I don't use hair masks, but this has really made me consider incorporating it into my hair routine. 

Amber xo

Obsessed with this month: French braids. Apparently I inadvertently manage to do a French-then Dutch- then French again braid which I'm told looks cute! 




No comments:

Post a Comment