Wednesday 13 April 2016

April 2016 Playlist

Hi guys,
So, following on from last month, here's April's playlist, and you can follow me on Spotify here.

Here's my entire playlist, subject to changes as the month goes on:
1. White Privilege II - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (ft Jamila Woods)
Okay, I know I had a Macklemore song last month too, but this is too good NOT to include! What I really love about Macklemore is that some of his songs seem more like parodies (think Thrift Shop) and then his others can really get deep into issues. Well this is all about race problems, especially as a result of riots in America due to police brutality. Set with a great tune in the background, and I love the sung parts with the large chorus.



2. Work From Home - Fifth Harmony and Ty Dolla $ign
Confession: I hated this song when I first heard it (on Radio 1's Live Lounge) but this crazy-catchy song has grown on me.

\

3. Used To Love You - Gwen Stefani
I absolutely love Gwen Stefani, through No Doubt, then the Holdback Girl days, so it's so good that she's released her new album in absolutely agesssssss. Loving this song!



4. I Took A Pill In Ibiza - Mike Posner
I have been loving this song this month, and yes, I know it came out a few months ago, but I love this remix and it's a great one going into warmer months.



5. Falling And You Caught Me - Folded Like Fabric
Now here is a brand, brand new song from Folded Like Fabric, which I'm pretty sure is going to become very big, very soon. It belongs in a category of its own to be honest, in terms of genre, and the lyrics are lovely :).



6. With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear (- Live) - Sleeping With Sirens
So, Sleeping With Sirens brought out their new acoustic/live album, which I did listen to, and had all the memories of just how good they are live. Flawless.



7. Ain't Your Mama - Jennifer Lopez
Now this is a tune, one of the type that you play in warm summer months that makes you want to get up and dance. Yessssss, go J-Lo!



8. Boyfriend - Tegan and Sara
Straight talking pop, but you have to include a couple!



9. Baller Alert - Tyga ft Rick Ross and 2 Chainz
I don't know what it is about this song that I like so much, and yes it's v sweary, if that puts you off, but I'm loving this! It'll probably be number one on my list of super annoying songs my next month though, as it is quite repetitive.



10. I Wish I Was Sober - Frightened Rabbit
Another song that I anticipate becoming massive is this slow climber from Frightened Rabbit, which I love the slightly haunting vocals at the beginning, leading up to a solid beat and tune.



Here's my full playlist, subject to changes and additions this month!



Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment