Tuesday 29 December 2015

My Weekday Makeup Routine

Hi guys,
So my weekday routine with makeup seems to take a bit longer and is a bit more extensive than Toni's, probably because I leave the house later and I like to make the effort in the week as much as possible!

I usually get up at 6:45, although that drags on until 7, and makeup is one of the last things I do, after getting showered, dressed and brushing my teeth. 



YOU LOOK SO DAMN SEXY IN THIS AMBER ^^^

Ooh I know I do, thanks Toniiii!! 

I'm so not a morning person! Usually I'll be doing my makeup for about 10-15 mins in the morning. 

So usually I'll start off by washing my face (using Lush's Porridge soap~ review on the way) in the shower.

Then, I like to moisturise with the Simple moisturiser (which is such a steal at £3 but is so moisturise and contains no harsh chemicals or perfumes). 


I might need L'Oreal's Wake Me Up concealer, to indeed wake me up. I get awful dark circles, especially in the week when I may not be sleeping as well.



After that, I'll use a light primer, such as Benefit's Porefessional, just as a light base, or if I'm using CC cream, I'll skip this stage.


So, next comes foundation, and I usually go for something with medium to high coverage so I don't have to use a lot, and, fingers crossed, won't have to touch up. Also however if my skin is nice and clear, I'll use YSL's CC cream, the pink toned one. 


In the week, I want a lovely natural look that is as easy and quick as possible, so I'll tend to use a chubby stick for cheeks (and lips). I'm loving the No7 colour crayon that was in the Christmas gift box!

I'll throw on some mascara, usually in the form of Maybelline's 2000 Calorie Mascara (very worn tube!) and a hint of eyeliner along my waterline.


Finally, I'll add the slightest hint of contour, as foundation alone can leave my skin looking a little flat, and I have naturally prominent cheekbones to accentuate. This Seventeen kit is my go-to. 


I may throw on a bit of Burt's Bees lip balm but there's usually a tint from my chubby stick on my lips anyway! I also tend not to bother with brows as mine are strong enough ;)

I hope you enjoyed my morning routine post!
Amber 

No comments:

Post a Comment