Wednesday 21 January 2015

Monthly Favourites: December/January 2014/15

Hi guys,
Here's my monthly favourites for January and December combined, because it all got a bit hectic in December for me, plus a lot of these favourite have carried over.

So the first thing I wanted to talk about was the Yves Saint Laurent Forever Light Creator CC Creme in Rose. This has been out for a while, and I absolutely raved about it when I picked it up shortly after it came out on the blog I was on at the time, but then it fell to the bottom of my pile and I didn't use it that much in the summer/autumn.




However. This winter it has been a lifesaver. The colour rose brightens your skin and really smooths tone and makes a huge but subtle difference. It is moisturising, and can be worn under or over foundation, or on its own. I wear it on its own on days where I want a subtle look and honestly I have been loving it in the months where my skin gets duller and dryer. Yes it's a lot of money, but it's absolutely worth it!!

My second favourite has probably been Soap and Glory's Hand Food. I am obsessed with the smell and honestly it's probably the only hand cream I constantly use. Toni bought me some for Christmas and I have used it every day and noticed a huge difference! I can't even describe the smell but it's the one they have across the whole range of their products, and I love it.


My third favourite would have to be Lush's Yog Nog soap. Yet again I'm obsessed with the smell which is a kind of toffee ish smell, and if you're a Lush fanatic like me, you'll know the smell to be slightly different to Honey I Washed The Kids, with almost a cinnamon hint.



My next favourite is also from Lush and it's their Angels on Bare Skin facial cleanser. In summer when my skin is oiler I use scrubs but I always turn back to this, because it is moisturising yet cleansing, and exfoliating at the same time, without any of the harsh chemicals and ingredients found especially in scrubs.


These are not flies, but lavender petals! It smells amazing.


My last favourite has to be candles, most specifically seasonal Yankee Candles. I cannot get enough of Snowflake Cookie, Christmas Cookie and the warming Mandarin Cranberry. Winter is the perfect time for burning candles, and I am a bit of a candle lover so I have made the most of the candle gifts people bought me.

So that's it for my two month favourites. They were very festive but I like warming things in winter and I hope you enjoyed this post!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment