Tuesday 20 January 2015

Beginners makeup bag ideas!

Hi guys,

This post is going to be what i think a beginner/newcomer to makeup should own and
have in their makeup. Amber and I are both 14 and we are both into makeup and I don't see a problem with that. I don't think there should be an age limit to when you can start wearing makeup,
as long as your parents are happy with it.



I don't talk to my parents about makeup, and didn't ask to start wearing it. I buy all my own stuff but my parents know I wear it (its all gathered on my window will. You cant miss it!) And don't seem to have a problem. As long as this is the case, then go ahead and experiment! Experimenting and looking at beauty blogs, videos is the best way to learn.

One more thing before I get into the bare essentials of your makeup bag. DON'T feel pressured to wear makeup. People in your year may wear it. Everyone except you may be wearing it. If you don't want to, if you don't need it - then don't!
Appreciate the time where you don't have to get up earlier to do your makeup!

Anyway, after a long intro I'm going to get into the real stuff!

First, of course - you will need a makeup bag. There are so many styles out there. Some better than others with separating compartments and brush holders but it's all personal preference.

Then I would recommend some sort of coverage. So ranging from concealers, BB creams, tinted moisturisers and foundations. I would go for a concealer and then depending on how much coverage you need. I did a post all about coverage and foundation - check it out for more information. http://that-little-beauty-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/all-about-foundation.html

A powder is also useful, they can add extra coverage, create a matte look, set makeup and more. Its up to you what you chose.

Eyelash curlers can create the more natural effect of wearing mascara. These are a definite yes - I would definitely recommend getting a pair. They may look kinda scary - but they are brill!


Mascara can be worn lightly or heavily, all creating different looks. Use the eyelash curlers for 5seconds on each eye before applying a coat of mascara. Looks great.



Base eye shadows for a little glitter are great. Start by using solid colours all over the lid and as you get more confident with makeup, tackle the blending of the darker colours in the crease to create depth. I would start with nude colours.

Kohl pencil eyeliner in a brown colour can emphasise the eyes. I would start by liming the waterline and then start lining the upper lash line. Practise makes perfect. I wouldn't use a gel or pen eyeliner yet.

A nice peachy blush which you can't go wrong with! Make sure you apply it on the correct area!

For lips I would use lip stain and glosses, nothing too pigmented. Always keep your lips hydrated and remove dead skin by doing a weekly lip scrub - especially in the winter. Check out my DIY lip scrub post

Lastly for brushes/applicators.I would start off by getting a blush brush, a couple of eye shadow brushes, a buff brush - apply coverage product with your fingers for a natural look and buff in for a flawless finish - powder brush/press on pads and an eyebrow/eyelash comb. Remember to wash your brushes often, especially your face brushes.


That's all the makeup products but I think every girl should have a good cleanser and moisturiser, always remove your makeup at night and be extra careful whilst removing eye makeup.

That's it for today, I hope this has helped you to figure out what makeup you think you should have!

Toni X)

No comments:

Post a Comment